Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

I was forced to start considering the possible replacement of the solution of Bridgestone Potenza RE040 (225/45/18) slightly after reaching 25,000 miles of them. I have been very difficult, because of economic reasons, to find the cheapest possible tires, which offer a lifetime or more (higher is better), and the effectiveness of the dry weight of the surfaces, and wet. I eliminated a few candidates before settling time that the Sumitomo HTRs, namely:

* Fuzion ZRi: Funky SEARCH tread. In other words, all show-no-go.
* Yokohama AVS ES100: Pretty decent reviews overall, but ... the devil! endless budget!
* Dunlop SP Sport FM901: Information on these feelings, and some others will make the taste of Fuzion 'philosophy. "
* Nitto NT555: These tires received good reviews for the entire quarter-mile on the crowd, which does not quite say much about the ability to turn the wheels ... out.
* Sumitomo HTR Z II: Out of stock!

Thus, after a brief conversation with a TireRack sales guy, he recommended the Sumitomo HTR +. I was reluctant to select a tire for all seasons. I said to myself: 'All Seasons is 8? No way! But gradually I realized that I did not have much choice for the price range I shopping in And I ended up shelling my credit card to buy a set of 4 Sumitomo HTR + in 245/40/18. The device, after all, something close
1% more than the stock Potenza. In other words, there is no big deal.

First impressions

I installed the tires and the suspension is reviewed and adjusted at Christensen Tire here in Richardson. All in all, the whole installation took several hours. I immediately jumped into the car and left. The first thing I noticed was the engine and the exhaust gas, I note the ongoing stock Mazda RX8. And I could really appreciate the engine reving up and down the noise of tires. I'll take this question: What is the sound the tires? Therefore, the first impression was nice.

However, happiness only lasts for a corner. The first time I had to turn, I noticed a huge mushiness (SP) direction. I will pray, I found that the tire pressure very low, which gives the impression that soft. Well, tire pressure, it does not, I checked the 4 cornerns and all 4 were pinned @ 39psi. The tires were too over the recommended pressure. The head is of course a very sweet and great sides. It is a super position on the photo-and Potenza Sumitomos below. You can see that both tires are the "total" height when mounted, but Potenza was slightly rounded sidewall, and a lot better lip cancer to protect the wheels. On the other hand, has the right to Sumitomos (SP) sidewall, which apparently he steals stifness.

I am going to try to rotate the tires every 5000 miles. The reason is, the last cycle Potenza, tires, who has spent the last 7500 miles the rear were badly worn out (but evenly worn). And I would like to keep Sumitomos is the best shape possible.

S. Miguel, a student applying for the College of Applied Science Associates, currently on full time for the IT industry. He has a passion for autmobiles, especially powered by rotary engines. You can contact Miguel or read more material MyRotaryCar.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Bookmark and Share